Happy Saturday everyone, hope you’re all doing well! I’ve been thinking a lot about what to write this week and I have so many drafts that I’m yet to finish…but I wanted something simple today so what better than a list!
Now I don’t claim to have the perfect life…because the perfect life doesn’t exist. But what I am so lucky to admit is that I AM HAPPY. I’m in a good place and I have so much to be thankful for.
Happiness is something we all want to achieve but sometimes life gets in the way and things aren’t always easy. However, my biggest problem when reaching happiness is my own mind. Why can’t we just let ourselves be happy?
Here’s a few tips of my tips on how to lead a happier life-
1. Let go and give in- I find that when I get to a period of happiness in my life, I start to question why it’s so good (a side effect of anxiety). I overthink, worry that something will take it away or I ponder as to why I deserve it. STOP. Let go. Let yourself be happy. You deserve it! As soon as you free yourself from your own negative thoughts…happiness tends to stay.
2. Stop comparing yourself to others– This is difficult in the social media world that we live in but trust me, once you stop comparing yourself you’ll feel completely free. It’s funny how the people you compare yourself to are the ones who are struggling just as you are. Once I stopped comparing both my body and my life to others I found a new love for myself. I realised the pure beauty in the fact that there is only one of me in this world…that’s something so powerful! Doing YOU will be the easiest thing you ever do and if someone doesn’t love you for you, they’re not the right person❤️ TIP- If I start to doubt myself I delete Instagram. It’s amazing how refreshed you feel!
3. Reflect- I talk about reflection a lot in my blogs because I believe so much in its power. We often forget how far we’ve come, the things we’ve achieved and actually how great we are. Modern life is so fast pace and full of pressure, just allow yourself 5 minutes to reflect on things. Reflect on how amazing you’re dealing with things and get rid of anything that’s worrying you. Giving yourself some credit really contributes to a happier YOU!
4. Discover what makes you happy in life– This is something I really dived into last year. I found myself on my own, so decided it was time to find out what really makes me happy, even in the littlest things. Try new things, discover new ideas, step out of your comfort zone and scare yourself on a daily basis. Once you find the little things that make you happy, implement them into your everyday life. That way everyday has a little joy! What you do in your life is your choice and we often forget that we have control over it. Make everyday a happy one for you. It’s the simple things that make life so wonderful💞
5. “Be the change you want to see in the world”- Now it’s so easy to sit back and discuss or worry about the worlds problems but who’s stopping you from changing it? We are born with no less worth than anyone else, if you want to help the environment, be a kind person, change someone’s life or go and save the world…DO IT. Nothing is stopping you. We have one life and YOU could make the world a better place🌍
6. My life motto– “If it’s meant to be, it will be”- I follow by this in everything I do, don’t worry about the past or the future, what’s meant to be will be and that is true. I believe everything happens for a reason so once we’ve done our best in a situation and it’s no longer in our control, we have to let it go. Don’t overthink the experiences that are taking you to your right path. Trust the process. 🙏🏻
7.Find the good when things are bad– As imperfect as our lives can be at times it’s important to count our blessings. When you wake up in the morning, ask yourself what you’re grateful for…I assure you you’ll have a better day!
From me to you..Learn who you are as a person and exactly what makes you happy. Know your worth, let go of judgment and fall in love with yourself…this takes time but when you truly love yourself, everything else falls into place. You have one life and it’s a complete blessing. Stay happy and every bad day will become that little bit easier!😌
But please remember…happiness is a journey and not a destination! Life isn’t easy and not everyday will be good but you can find something good in everyday and find the happiness in you!🥰
Have a great week guys and I’ll be coming back with some more tips on a happy life very soon! Please remember you’re worth more than you know and a lot of people love you!❤️
If you’d like notifications of when I post, please give me a follow!!